On March 12th 2015, I gave a brief show & tell about how I used Sprite Kit to make something that isn't a game at the Seattle Xcoders meetup.
The event was recorded, but the video hasn't been posted yet. I'll update this post once it's available. In the meantime here are links to some good resources about Sprite Kit;
- Apple's Sprite Kit Programming Guide
- WWDC'13 Session 502 – Introduction to Sprite Kit
- WWDC'13 Session 503 – Designing Games with Sprite Kit
- iOS 7 Tech Talks – Developing 2D Games with Sprite Kit
- WWDC'14 Session 606 – What’s New in SpriteKit
- WWDC'14 Session 608 – Best Practices for Building SpriteKit Games
- Lynda – iOS Game Development with Sprite Kit
Regarding Lynda, if you have a Seattle Public Library card you can access all their courses for free.